Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of this design competition is The Hunter Jewellers – ABN: 68 112 228 341.
- Entry is open to all Australian residents and entry into this competition means that the entrant meets the entry requirements and accepts these terms and conditions.
- Employees of The Hunter Jewellers, contractors and related agencies are exempt from entering this competition.
- The entrant must like The Hunter Jewellers Facebook page in order to enter this competition.
- The prize is awarded to the most popular design, which will be determined by votes or ‘likes’ cast by Facebook users.
- The prize for the most popular design is the choice of: 50% discount on the custom-make of the entrant’s own winning design OR a $300 store credit to use towards a purchase of their choice. If the first placed entrant does not wish to accept the 50% discount option, it will then be offered to the second most popular design. The Hunter Jewellers may continue to offer this option until it accepted or decide to discontinue the offer.
- If the first placed entrant accepts the 50% discount option, the $300 store credit will be awarded to the second most popular design.
- Once the prize is accepted it can only be redeemed once. The 50% discount option will only be applied to the design entered in the competition. The $300 store credit option will be applied to the winner’s name in store and can only be redeemed by the winner.
- Once the 50% discount option prize is accepted, it will be refined as needed using our CAD program in consultation with our jeweller and/or designer. Once the winner approves the final design and quote, a non-refundable 20% deposit of the cost to the winner is required before the jewellery is made.
- Delivery of the custom-made design will take approximately eight (8) weeks after the final CAD design has been approved. The design will be subject to the practicalities of manufacturing at the jeweller’s discretion.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash or store credit.
- The entrant must submit their design via the email address given (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Facebook messaging at any time between 01/06/2020 and 31/07/2020. Any designs submitted after the closing date will not be counted.
- Only one design may be submitted per person.
- The design must include at least one of the gemstones we have selected from our in store range, which the entrant may view in store if desired.
- The entrant is encouraged to include a brief description of their design such as the metal used, other stones added, etc.
- The entrant is required to include their name, number and email address along with their design so The Hunter Jewellers is able to contact them.
- Once the competition is closed, The Hunter Jewellers will post the designs in the comments of the “voting post” on Facebook where voting will then take place.
- Voting will be open from 01/08/2020 until 10/08/2020.
- Votes will be cast by liking the photos posted in the comments of the “voting post”. Voters may cast votes on as many designs as they like.
- The Hunter Jewellers will be exempt from voting for any designs.
- In the event of a draw, in which the tied designs will be posted again for a re-vote, voters are allowed one vote in order to decide the winner.
- The winner must accept one (1) of the prizes offered to them within four (4) weeks of being sent notification of their win.
- The winner will be notified via phone and email by The Hunter Jewellers by close of business on 15/08/2020. Whilst best efforts will be made to contact the winner, in the event that for any reason the winner cannot be notified after reasonable attempts, the prize will be forfeited by the winner. Cash or store credit will not be awarded in lieu of the prize. If the prize is unclaimed after four (4) weeks of notification on 15/08/2020, it will be awarded to the second most popular design, who will then incur the same terms and conditions starting from 15/09/2020.
- The winner of the 50% discount option will be required to have a consultation (whether in person by appointment or via phone/email communications) with the jeweller and/or designer.
- The winner of the 50% discount option must agree to photos of their initial design, our CAD drawings and the finished product to be posted on our social media sites.
Any breech of the conditions laid out will result in disqualification.