Shipping & Returns
Same day locally delivery within the singleton shire $25 during normal trading hours
We deliver products Australia wide using Express Post prepaid satchels. Shipping times are estimated at between 2-10 business days depending on your location within Australia at a flat rate of $15. overseas shipping will be on a case by case basis & quoted as required
All transactions are processed in Australian Dollars (AUD)
Items for refund & return will only be accepted if items are returned in the same condition within 7 days of delivery, with our prior approval & will be refunded by the same method of payment or as a store credit minus shipping costs, return shipping & insurance costs are the customers responsibility. To contact us regarding the return of an item email email@example.com.
for your benefit & confidence
Service / Prices
-Items purchased from hunter jewellers at the normal price, are entitled to many complimentary & reduced prices on services, Up to 30% off the standard price & done Express (Hours days) .
we do provide express services, while you wait hours & days ASAP. It costs1.5 to 2 x the normal price if not brought from hunter jewellers, WHY Extra cost? because we have to stop the normal production sequence to do this job. It Actually takes longer to do the job 1 at a time, interrupts other work & breaks our concentration in general it costs us more. It is provided on a case by case basis & negotiated as required.
We accept payments of Cash, credit/debit card, Lay Buy, Direct deposit, Pay pal, Exchange / trade in, Bitcoin (soon).
consumer finance through lombard up to $20000 for pre-approved applicants.
standard LAY-BY’S 3 to 12 months, 20% deposit, fortnightly payments, a $30 or 20 % which ever is the greater amount cancellation fee applies. or the whole amount paid to date applied as a credit.
your jewellery that was purchased from us, the purchase amount can be applied to your new jewellery upgrade purchase which is at least 2 times the original purchase price of your old items which are in good condition, OR your jewellery that was purchased elsewhere, our valuation of the item can be applied to your new jewellery upgrade purchase which is at least 3 times our valuation.
Or trade it in on a scrap value as negotiated for a credit towards a purchase of service or product of any value.
Reward points & discounts
Points Earned on sales (special repairs & custom manufacturing at our discretion) When spending Up to $1000 10%, up to $5000 5%, up to $20000 2.5%. Points are redeemable on sales only, not services, can not be earned or used on promotional items or 50% discounted stock, not in conjunction with any other offer.
– multi buy discount, spend Up to $1000 10% off, up to $5000 5% off, up to $20000 2.5% off per item. for 2 or more Items purchased at the same time. The lowest priced item can not be less than 50% of the price of the highest
– 5% off for cash or direct deposit payments
– basic service discount -an extra discount can be achieved if you do not wish to earn points & agree to Basic service = no credit card payments, No fancy packaging or gift wrapping, No reduced prices on services, No complimentary services including band adjustments on watches, No extended warranty, no lay buys, no priority services, trade-in/upgrade. Basic service Automatically applies to 50% discounted items.
these extra discounts are as – up to $1000 5% off, up to $5000 2.5% off, up to $20000 1.25% off. Note these discounts are half of what you would earn in points.
You can pick & choose the options above to achieve different objectives
Same product same price-
we are confidant of our pricing & so can you, therefore we will match a price at the time of purchase, or after purchase if you find an equivalent item / service we will give you a credit for the difference this applies for 6 months from purchase date.
Equivalent means = a new product, same individual gem type grade & weights, same metal type, same manufacturing techniques, same warranties & customer support & service, in australian dollars & available in Australia including all taxes freight insurance, in the same condition, & with written or advertised confirmation of price & details, available more than once & not part of a liquidation, & not a private sale
We will cover the cost to repair or replace when item is found to have faulty materials or workmanship, we must inspect the item at least every 12 months & where any maintenance is required, it needs to be carried out at the current rates, guarantee is voided where maintenance is not carried out or item has been subjected to heavy wear & tear or abuse
Customer Service Policy:
Hunter Jewellers is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products. We endeavor to make sure that all products listed on our website are currently available and pricing is true and correct. Standard delivery time frames are between 2-10 business days; in the event that an ordered item is not available or we are unable to fulfil your order, we will notify you within 2 business days to arrange an agreeable alternative item, a back order or a full refund.
Please choose your purchase carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty, have been wrongly described, are different to the product displayed on the website or don’t perform as advertised.
Items for refund or return will only be accepted if items returned in same condition within 10 days of delivery
& will be refunded by the same method of payment or as a store credit minus shipping costs
Whenever you use our web site, or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its “IP address,” and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. From a computer’s IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer but otherwise it is anonymous.
We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes. An example of this would be when proceeding to a checkout to finalise an order. After completing the form provided, your IP address will be stored along with a transaction number that allows us to track your order.
-Canceled Lay buys
& special orders incur a minimum $30 or 20% which ever is the higher amount fee, or the entire amount paid to date as a store credit. Special orders, fair & reasonable costs = the difference between the scrap price & the retail price will be the cancellation fee
for general & specific advise If needed cost $50 & may be applied as a customer credit to use as you wish.
Custom made Items
Usually an initial conversation with our staff outlining what is wanted. & then a consultation with jeweller when required. -Consultations / design service cost $55 & may be applied as a customer credit to use as you wish.
Sketches, descriptions & estimates outlining the design concepts are usual & or pictures of like items. detailed artistic sketches are not a standard feature as they are very time consuming & are not necessary.
-One off hand made items are a process as there are hundreds off variables, it is a process made in stages with alteration possible along the way.
-As a rule of thumb 9 out of ten customers are happy with the first result of a custom made item, of the one in ten left, subsequent modifications satisfy most people, so approximately 1 in 100 people end up being not entirely satisfied with custom remakes. This is very difficult to prevent or fix, it is simply a matter of different perceptions & expectations.
-Make no assumptions if you have something specific in mind you must communicate this.
-It is impossible to calculate & explain the exact properties of a one off finished item before it is made. Pricing thus can be done in 2 ways
1. a fixed price we accept the risk of variables (we will benefit or lose depending on outcome ) you pay for certainty. or
2. a floating price (estimate is given perhaps a from to price, with an explanation of variables) you pay for what you get.
-If an item is not what you expected you need to say so it can usually be remedied
-Selecting an item already made is simple, you accept it as it is you are happy with or not, it is Quick & easy
-If you supply Gems & gold There is a 5to10% of the value of the items charge, added to the manufacturing cost, this is to cover the risks associated, with manufacturing, insurance, handling etc.
-Adventure Custom made items are a journey. Patience is required, with trust & hard work are ultimately satisfying
Custom made items cost structure
-Completely hand made in house, CAD, Pre fabricated small volume mass production with some customization.
-Complexity of design / hours spent to make, Value of items & risks of working with & costs of supply.
we do will be based on what an equivalent item can be readily purchased for at current market conditions, Over recent years the methodology for doing valuations has been changing, because pressure from regulators, media, customers, valuers & insurers to base valuations on a more realistic basis, moving from a fixed pre-determined equation (which generally results in an higher value) to a current market value (what it is readily available for, This means a price that you would actually end up paying it does not mean the price on the ticket or the “was” price.) this change may result in large differences in valuations, some retailers seek out old method valuers so as to use valuations as a sales tool by saying it is valued at this but we will sell it to you for this.
Also other things that affect values are changes in the exchange rate, resource prices, manufacturing & supply costs, regulation, tax, etc (supply & demand).
This method also takes more experience, time & effort to do & therefore costs more for a valuation.
Value is also dependant on the purpose of the valuation
Polish & Rhodium
polishing is the act of removing metal until a smooth shiny surface is achieved, Items are usually polished & cleaned before rhodium plating, the degree to which one polishes is usually at the polishers discretion, We in general avoid over polishing especially around settings, so when we polish & or re rhodium there may still be minor scuffing, scratches, slightly dull patches particularly around settings. This can be unnoticeable especially after a short time of wear.
we can not guarantee that stones will not come loose or fall out during the cleaning process on items purchased elsewhere, stones can only fall out if there is an existing problem, (what better place for them to fall out) – sometimes dirt & grime acts as a glue.
Some styles of setting are problematic, invisible set for example require very precise conditions, If settings become worn, bent or stressed stones can easily come out & are difficult to reset & especially if cheaply made, where stones have to be replaced & matched & particularly with small stones. it can cost more to repair than to replace the whole ring
Warranty; Items deemed to be still under a warranty from another supplier should be taken to that supplier for adjustments repairs etc to maintain warranty. We can not take responsibility for other suppliers products or worn out & broken items.
Responsibility; If you ask us to carry out services all care is taken & we will attempt to advise of any issues, however some problems are not apparent until works have started. There may be additional charges to fix any unforeseen issues.
We take responsibility for & guarantee the work WE do.
-Warranty, watch batteries & pressure testing are not normally covered under any manufacturers warranty (unless purchased from hunter jewellers). In general watch bands cases & glass are not covered.
-Batteries, If a watch is brought in because it is not working, this indicates there is a fault, This is usually a battery, but there can be many other reasons.
-Servicing Quartz & mechanical watches both have moving parts that require cleaning adjusting & lubrication from time to time, -Accuracy mechanical & or automatic watches in general need to be wound & or worn daily for them to be accurate, variation occurs depending on use etc. variation is +- 5seconds per day Magnetic fields (electric motors therapeutic magnets etc) can influence function of watches -repair times vary depending on problem. Batteries, possibly while you wait – unless we are very busy, Servicing can take weeks to months
can not be assured unless pressure tested. pressure testing, tests a watches water resistance at 1 point in time & cannot account for aging, wear & tear environment or the way its is used, a pressure test does not automatically include seal replacement there are 3 or more seals per watch. w/r = splash resistant only, 50m = still water swimming, 100m = surf, 200m = shallow diving, 200m+ = diving, these ratings do not guarantee that moisture can never enter a watch -A service on a watch movement does not automatically receive a pressure test -reliability; manufacturers recommend watches to be pressure tested every 12 months or so, seals replaced & servicing every 3 to 5 years, this is to ensure water resistance & reliable operation. The quality of materials & manufacturing, good care & operation is how you govern reliability -be aware when you pull & push buttons you are interfering with the seal potentially allowing the water resistance to be compromised even after being pushed back in. impacts & damage to glass & crown can also affect water resistance as can sudden temperature changes (such as showering). -Sudden temperature changes can cause slight misting/condensation in watches, & then goes away quickly, this is not a leak. A Water leak in a watch forms more as droplets & or heavy condensation which in general does not go away quickly. If in doubt have it checked /Ask. . Watch bands & glass custom fancy & fitted, can be difficult to replace in the future. if you are buying a watch intending it to be usefull for a long time choose a standard classic type round flat glass & plain square ended band, minimal functions, this will make it much easier to repair & replace parts
-$15 basic service charge paid up front, which may be applied as a credit, e.g. for special complex quotes (if not listed in price books) or batteries if watch after work is done they do not go, or jobs that some might be consider courtesy’s etc.
These charges are to help ensure that customers are serious & to ultimately cover our costs, As any other profession charges for their time, we also need to. but you may get this back as a credit.
-1 stores discount is another’s normal price We do not overprice so that we can then discount! we believe our prices are fair from the start & reflect the cost of supply at the time
Disclosure; Many gemstones are synthesized or have treatments applied to them to improve their appearance many of these are very difficult to identify, also any previous problems you are aware of,it is important that we be informed.
Conditions unless agreed otherwise.
Discount & reward points
customers new & return, standard repairs & sales Up to $1000 10%, up to $5000 5%, up to $20000 2.5% as loyalty points/credit If they do not want credit then 5% cash discount on sales only not repairs, for sales .
If someone wants a greater discount we can double the standard discount/points if customer agrees to basic service witch will have to be noted on sale, higher discount on sales only not repairs, so half of Up to $1000 10%, up to $5000 5%, up to $20000 2.5% #+~.
= cash payment only/ not credit card, No fancy packaging or gift wrapping, No reduced prices on services, No complimentary services including band adjustments on watches, No lifetime warranty, No priority trade in up/grade, basic service also applies to 1/2 price/clearance stock.
premium / standard service
is the Default = all benefits & we bend over backwards to help.
No discounts/credit to be applied to promotional items or 1/2 price stock.
Points only to be redeemed on sales not services.
Also services to items purchased here at normal price can receive 40% off the service price, & done express as negotiated
for 2 or more Items purchased at same time. The lowest priced item can not be less than 50% of the price of the highest. Up to $1000 10%, up to $5000 5%, up to $20000 2.5% off
Upgrade (trade in)
your jewellery that was purchased from us & this amount can be applied to your new jewellery upgrade purchase which is at least 2 times the original purchase price of your old items which are in good condition, OR your jewellery that was purchased elsewhere, our valuation of the item can be applied to your new jewellery upgrade purchase which is at least 3 times our valuation ~^+#@.
You & the community benefit when you purchase from Hunter jewellers, with back up service, lifetime guarantee against faulty materials or workmanship not wear & tear, upgrade, community support, & extras included in purchase. Reduced by 40% services included as part of sales. Rings sized*+~, watch bands fitted, first battery change*+~ & quantity discount+~, Valuations on items purchased, +*~ if required. We can decorate highlight features of jewellery – with engraving texturing, yellow, rose or silver plating, or coloured enamel to make a feature more prominent, as part of a purchase +*~. If you purchase jewellery from us we will clean it free of charge.
same product same price<. if you buy something from us & if you find an <equivalent< item & service at a lessor price we will give you a credit for the difference between our normal price & their normal price for 6 months from date of purchase. We will also match a price at time of purchase. < ~ +
Life time guarantee
We will cover the cost to repair or replace when item is found to have faulty materials or workmanship, we must inspect the item at least every 12 months & where any maintenance is required, it needs to be carried out at the current rates, guarantee is voided where maintenance is not carried out or item has been subjected to abuse
< equivelent means
= a new product, same individual gem type grade & weights, same metal type, same manufacturing techniques same warranties & customer support & service, in australian dollars & available in Australia including all taxes freight insurance, in the same condition, & with writen or advertised confirmation of price & details, available more than once & not part of a liquidation, & not a private sale
* for purchases over $500
# not to be used on workshop jobs
+ not to be used in conjuction with any other offers including catalogues or specials
@ in good condition
> conditions apply see instore
~ at non discounted price
We do not normally give a refund if:
· a customer changes their mind, or
· makes a wrong decision.
· A customer is entitled choose between a refund,
· exchange or credit
· where goods are faulty
· have been wrongly described
· are different from a sample shown, or
· do not do what they are supposed to.
If the goods you buy break down or develop a fault within an unreasonable time, you have the right to negotiate:
· a refund (or part thereof, depending on age)
· a replacement, or
· that the goods must be repaired.
This is provided that you did not cause the fault and you used the product as it was intended.
LAY-BY’S 3 months, minimum fortnightly payments, a minimum $30 or 20 % which ever is the greater amount cancellation fee applies. or the amount paid to date applied as a credit.
REPAIRS simple repairs are are typically completed within 14 days, complicated repairs & remakes from 2 week to several months or as negotiated depending on work load etc warranties apply only to the work we carry out. Items purchased from us will get priority & discounted service. We at our discretion may use a sub contractor to do some repairs or manufacturing.
– Rhodium, over polishing causes excessive wear we do not recommend this, so when we re rhodium their may still be minor scuffing scratches slightly dull patches particularly around settings. This can become unnoticeable after a short time of wear. also see cleaning
– Cleaning – we can not guarantee that stones will not come loose or fall out during cleaning process on items that where purchased elsewhere or just brought in for cleaning only
We guarantee everything we make, repair or sell for 1 year from the date of pick up unless stated below. We guarantee that stones will not fall out or become loose and the parts that we made or repaired will not break in the areas in which we worked.
Watch repairs are guaranteed for 6 months
Items not guaranteed:
1. Glued items
3. Gold or rhodium plating
4. Loss of any claw set stone that has 3 or less claws
5. Loss of any proud stone over 1/2 carat unless it is in a 6 claw setting
6.Loss of any claw set stone unless it has the following number of claws
Cut No. of Claws
Emerald Cut 4
Pear Shaped 5
Trillion Must have “V” claws
7. Claw set stones that have thin claws, missing claws, or stones that are set crooked, leaving a much shorter claw on one side of the stone than the other.
8. Bead setting where the beads are badly worn or some beads are missing or stones that are set crooked, Leaving part of the girdle of the stone to be sticking up beyond the surface of the metal.
9. Channel setting where either the channel is very thin, torn, not straight across the stones OR there is no support underneath the channels to hold them together. Example: No cross wires or support to keep the channel from pulling away leaving the stone to loosen or fall out.
10. Bezel setting where the bezel is too thin, torn, or the stone is set crooked and not all of the stone is held in the bezel.
1. We can only guarantee the ring sizing from the customers finger. We cannot be given another ring for size and ensure accuracy.
2. The ring size on a ring will not change, but because a customers finger can become larger or smaller because of diet, medication, the weather or weight change, we can only guarantee ring sizing for 15 days from the date of measuring the finger
Tightening and checking
1. Tightening stones: Our extra fee charged to check and tighten stones will warranty against stone loss as long as the stones are set as described previously. Without extra charge to tighten stones, we do not warranty the stones against loss, unless we actually set the stones.
2. “Checking links” – When asked to “check links” on chains, bracelets, clasps, etc., we cannot guarantee their loss or durability. Many items that are wearing “OK” may have a problem days or weeks later. We can only guarantee items that we actually repair, not ones that we visually inspect.
3. Retipped claws on stones—we cannot guarantee the loss of a stone when we do not retip or reclaw all of the claws when we deem it necessary to repair all of the claws or tips.
4. Cleaning – we can not guarantee that stones will not come loose or fall out during cleaning process on items that where purchased elsewhere or just brought in for cleaning only.
Gems & Diamonds
1. We do not guarantee that a diamond or gemstone once taken out of our store will not chip, break, scratch or facture. No stone, including a diamond, can be guaranteed not to break, chip scratch, or fracture. We strongly suggest insuring your jewellery with your home owners policy. They will pay for damage.
2. We cannot be responsible for the further fracture or damage to stones or diamonds that are received from the customer that are already damaged, chipped, broken, or have large inclusions or imperfections We will inform the customer of these items before proceeding with the repair or installation work.
1. If a watch is brought in because it is not working, this indicates there is a fault this is usually battery, but there can be many other reasons, quartz & mechanical watches both have moving parts that require cleaning adjusting & lubrication
2. A service on a watch movement does not automatically receive a pressure test it is a separate operation
3. Water resistance can not be assured unless pressure tested, a pressure test , tests a watches seal at one point in time in a controlled environment a pressure test does not guarantee that a watch can not leak, many factors contribute to reliable operation
4. Watch manufacturers recommend watches to be pressure tested every 12 months or so & seals replaced & servicing every 3 to 5 years years to ensure water resistance & reliable operation. please be aware any time you pull the crown in & out or it is bumped or under pressure you are effectively stressing the seal potentially allowing water resistance to be compromised, impacts & damage to glass can also affect water resistance